The Paris Literary Prize 2012

by Jennifer Harvey
11th June 2012

The 2012 Paris Literary Prize is open for submissions.

If you are an unpublished writer and have written a novella (minimum 17,000 maximum 35,000 words) then you are eligible to apply.

Deadline September 1st. Extended deadline September 15th.

More details at:

https://www.parisliteraryprize.org/index.htm

Replies

Sadly I also consider it the wrong genre. I'm not sure how I ended up writing a chick lit stream-of-consciousness novella as I don't even read chick lit, but it was Nanowrimo 2009 and the madness took over. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

If I do anything with it I will extend it to full novel length and make it a bit less airheaded. But if you want to hear the really mad thing, that November I took a month off writing my real book to do that because I thought it would be a nice break. I wonder frequently about my marbles, as I'm sure you can understand.

I have an idea that is far more suitable and is already in the form of a short story. Maybe...

Profile picture for user dividedheart
Victoria
Whithear
5200 points
Ready to publish
Fiction
Comic
Contemporary
Romance
Young Adult (YA)
Speculative Fiction
Short stories
Writing and Editing
Victoria Whithear
11/06/2012

Hi Ovais,

No I am not on Facebook. Or Twitter.

As I say, all the guidance and advice you need is posted on this site here:

http://www.writersandartists.co.uk/category/getting-published

All the best,

Jen

Profile picture for user pppnl@yahoo.com
Jennifer
Harvey
330 points
Developing your craft
Film, Music, Theatre, TV and Radio
Fiction
Autobiography, Biography and Memoir
Business, Management and Education
Jennifer Harvey
11/06/2012

Hey Victoria, is it not possible to do some editing and get those 3,000 words cut from your story? Seems a shame to make a start on a new work if, with some judicious editing, the piece you have can be re-worked to fit.

The piece I have now is already 10,000 words over the limit, and it is still unfinished, so I have ruled myself out of this competition. Still, it looks like it's an annual thing, so there's always next year :-) Hey Adrian?

Profile picture for user pppnl@yahoo.com
Jennifer
Harvey
330 points
Developing your craft
Film, Music, Theatre, TV and Radio
Fiction
Autobiography, Biography and Memoir
Business, Management and Education
Jennifer Harvey
11/06/2012